Though known as a Thai dish, the abundance of Pandan leaves in Pampanga also makes this chicken dish a Kapampangan fave!
• 5 Chicken thighs, deboned, cut into large chunks (good option would be chicken breast fillet)
• Large pandan leaves for wrapping
• 3 shallots
• 2 tbsp garlic, chopped
• 1 stalk lemon grass, sliced
• 2 tsp chili sauce1/8 teaspoon sesame seeds
Recipe for special seasoning:
• 2 tsp oyster sauce
• 1 tsp Patis / Fish sauce
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1/4 cup thick coconut milk
• 1/4 cup condensed milk
Pound chicken, add special seasoning.Mix in bowl (except for sesame seeds) and marinate the chicken for 3 hours.
Wrap chicken in pandan leaves. Wrap chicken in a snug pandan leaf. Forming a cone with the leaf, tuck leaf ends to interlock creating a packet.
Deep fry. Sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds. Serve with sauce.