Being Kapampangan, I think its a must to share my mom's longganisa recipe, after all the whole Pampanga province has several competitive brands of cured meat products, ranging from sugary tocino to tasty and spicy longganisa.
• 1/2 kilo pork with 15% pork fat (ground)
• 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
• 1/4 tbsp salt
• 1/2 chili sauce
• 1-1/2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
• 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
• 1/2 praque powder
• 1/4 teaspoon vegamine (optional)
• 1-1/2 tbsp meat dressing (gourmet)
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Note: Prague Powder is an ingredient commonly used in curing meat. It gives tocino and longganiza its pink or reddish color. It can be bought at Divisoria Public Market or specialty baking & culinary supply shops.
Mix the pork well with the seasoning together, mash the mixture in a bowl, leave to cool at room temperature. Keep in freezer.
A Great Article on curing your homemade meats
Optional: You may also stuff the mixture into sausage casings.